Seeing the recent demand for the application, i'm going to publish a first public alpha, but first some explanations:
The hardware needed:
- Right now, i can't control third party devices like Razer, Asus, Cooler Master, that will be coming in the future.
- You DO NEED an Arduino, LED strips suported by FASTLED, and some technical knowledge of how to build and upload arduino scripts.
- An Arduino (Uno or Nano, Micro or MEGA haven't been tested, but they should work as long as they have power to write the strips correctly)
- LED Strips. as much you you can power (WS2812b are the ones i like the most and have tested, but APA102 or similar RGB strips should work, RGBW aren't supported yet tho, as long as FastLED supports it)
- Resistor, 300~600 ohms should be enough, i'm no electrical engineer, but this should preserve your led in case of power spikes.
- INSULATING TAPE, PLEASE, work safe, insulate every terminal and exposed connector.
Setting up the Hardware
- Wire, as much is needed to make what you want
- Breadboard, to make conections and quick tests withouth soldering.
- Solder Iron and solder, to allow you to make custom connectors on any length you want, cut your strips and reconnect it in any dimensions, etc.
- IF you are running this outside of a PC, a decent power supply, please, be really careful with this as it is the easiest part of screwing up.
Here is where you can get a little creative, if you are running WS2812B:
- Connect the LED Green wire to pin 6 on the Arduino with the resistor in between both, more close to the arduino.
- Connect the Ground to both the power suply and the gnd on the arduino
- Connect the RED power wire to the power suply, IF you are running on a PC, using a molex connector is a good idea, remember the voltage of your LED strip, if 5v, connect it to the RED wire(left most) from the PSU, if 12v, connect to the Yellow wire(right most) of the molex connector.
Now, use a USB cable to connect the Arduino to a USB port on your PC, if you need an example,there is this old post of mine when i first did it with some ideas
, other ideas include cutting and soldering the LED strips on the exact shape of your case, using acrylic pieces as a diffuser for more subtle lighting, using it as a underglow, using a internal USB header for better cable management, your LED setup can be as good as you want and can do.
IF YOU ARE SOLDERING INSIDE YOUR PC CASE,** REMOVE ALL YOUR HARDWARE** FROM THE INSIDE FIRST.
I also recommend using a stronger double sided tape than the included on the led strip, as they tend to fall with time, or hot glue.
JUST BE REALLY CAREFUL TO NOT HARM YOURSELF WHEN SOLDERING OR WHEN DEALING WITH POWER, USE INSULATING TAPE EVERYWHERE THERE'S AN EXPOSED WIRE OR SOLDER. Setting up the software
First, you need to download and install the Arduino IDE for Desktop
, after that, you need to install the FastLED library on it, for this, open the Arduino IDE, then go into [Sketch > Include Library >Manage Library], type FASTLED on the search box, and click install. Now, select the type of Arduino you have on [Tools > Board Type] and choose the COM Port of your arduino on [Tools > COM Port], usually its anything besides port 1.
Now, go into my GitHub and download the latest release of HueHue
, extract the files somewhere on your PC (You can create a HueHue folder on ProgramFiles or something like that), open HueHue, go into the little COG on the top right, type the biggest quantity of LEDS you have on the Arduino, from there you can set the application to autostart running too when you boot, more settings should be coming soon.
Now, close the settings window, click on the plus button on "My Devices", click on Arduino, copy the script shown, paste it on the Arduino IDE, and click the upload button to burn the driver onto the Arduino, if everything went fine, go back into HueHue and check if the Com Port is the same as the Arduino IDE, name your device and click "ADD", and you are good to go. Using the software
Click Start, set the brightness, choose your effect and pimp your PC, or your room, or your TV, anything where you can put a led strip. Effects should be self-explanatory, Joystick reactive is primarily meant for Guitar Hero controllers, but i'm working on making it more flexible, "Comet Mode" is a broken mess, don't use it, Music mode is is under heavy work and i'm deciding how and where to go with it yet, might take a while.
If you have used it, i would like to ask you to post your creation here, and i hope this was helpful, and that my software made things easier for you.
I created this because a Hue+ in Brazil is REALLY expensive, 150USD+, with this, i could build my LED system for 10USD, i hope it was this useful for you.
If you like my work, you can pay me a coffee on paypal
or bitcoin (174LnSVCdrX4CnVS84jom7by2hMBGvJobm), or follow me for my other projects like /UWPHook
, i will keep building Open-source tools for the community, as helping others is something good that i can do with my programming skills.
Thanks, and if you have any doubts, problems, or ideas for HueHue or other projects, reply to this thread or send me a DM and i'll make sure to help and guide you on getting up and running.
Find the best Mining Software for your business. Compare product reviews and features to build your list. What is Mining Software? Mining software assists open pit/cut and underground mines with everything from planning and design to the management of operations for all phases of a mining operation. Record Level Mining Difficulty Bitcoin’s mining difficulty, an automatic adjusting feature, is at a record high. This adjustment reflects increasing computer power on the network and, potentially, investment in new mining machines, despite bitcoin ranging between $9,100 and $9,500 since early July. Become the best Bitcoin miner and learn how to mine Bitcoins with the best Bitcoin mining hardware, software, pools and cloud mining. Cryptocurrency mining pool for beginners and professionals. Regular payments, tutorials, reliable servers, rig monitoring. Solo mining is also available for all coins. Version: 1.69 Release Date: 2020-07-08 What's New: Release Notes Platform Support: macOS Windows 10/8.1/7/Vista 64bit/32bit Windows XP/2003/2000 32bit
🍓 Best Bitcoin Mining Software That Work in 2020 🍓 - Duration: 5:34. Bitcoin Community 226,523 views. 5:34. Legit FREE Bitcoin Mining Site + Mine Free Bitcoin Daily WITH OUT INVESTMENT !!!! You can choose between pooled mining and solo mining – the software embeds a list of mining pools to choose from. Bitcoin Miner Machine is the premier Bitcoin Mining tool for Windows and is one ... How to generate free Bitcoin 1. Enter your personal Bitcoin Wallet Address – make sure to enter a valid wallet address. It is recommended to generate a new Bitcoin Wallet Address everytime you ... ️Btc Generator Application Software Link: https://bit.ly/3dG2AVV About This Software:100% White Hat EthicsOur software is 100% white-hat and it uses the newest technologies for mining bitcoin ... This Bitcoin Mining Software can mine with your computer or laptop CPU at least 0.5 bitcoin per day. So if you need bitcoin in your wallet,or just want to earn more money from your home,then this ...