This is my 2nd article in the series of articles which analyse the work of Modi government starting from 2014 till present date. This one is about administration and governance. Unlike the first one on defence, it is not that binary and there are quite a few gray areas and is subject to opinions as much it is to facts. For example, I like how NGOs have been brought under tougher checks and a lot of such organisations have been forced to shut shop. But quite a few people view it as unfair. BJP Government Performance Analysis: Defence Issues Blog Link Reddit Link
Additionally, there is an overlap between governance issues and various others like economy, foreign policy etc. In this article, focus will will be on the work done or changes in way of working of central government ministries and departments. Some of these will be mentioned in next article which will be about economy issues. 1. Steps for leaner, responsive and more efficient government.
This is the most obvious, yet hardest things to do for any regime. All the decisions made by the politically elected government are implemented by officials who usually see multiple such governments come and go through their service. It is next to impossible to fire or even penalise them for even gross incompetence. Any reform in their way of working is extremely hard and takes years of sustained effort. Political and ideological differences even among ministers also play their part. Then there are politicians who have a mutually beneficial nexus with such officials even when they are out of power. Some of the first steps taken by Modi regime was to break this nexus and it seems to have succeeded partially. But there is still a long way to go. GOOD
- Officials working for central government have been forced to work much harder, so much so that many now view these prestigious jobs as punishment postings. Many non-performing officers have been disciplined and even sacked, a first. 1* 2* 29* 68* 112* 118* 132*
- Even serving ministers have been forced to adopt austerity measures. Some examples are no new vehicles, reduced travel expenses 1113 71* 125*
- Influence of foreign interests, corporates and their lobbyists has been severely curtailed. Many “powerful” people who had a lot of influence in various ministries and govt departments now don’t have insider knowledge or influence over decision making. 26* 63* 75*
- Many politicians squatting on government properties have been forced to vacate them. List of more than 1500 such squatters includes many former ministers, MLAs, MPs and many so called artists, inetellectuals who have been staying in govt allotted properties long after their time was over. Even BJP run state governments have evacuated have evacuated former CMs and MLAs. 61* 65* 104* 108* 109* 113*
- Business of paid for postings and transfers in many central govt departments has been severely curtailed. 7* 105*
- Many useless posts have been abolished and major departments downsized and streamlined. Often posts like this were used to accommodate officials in high paying post-retirement postings.4* 117*
- There is much greater communication between government and people. Many ministers and even PM office interact with common citizens on Twitter among other platforms. 124* 119*
- Options opened for direct entry of domain experts in to government departments. 133* 134* 135*
- Various measures taken to improve business climate like curtailment of harassment by various inspectors, passing of bankruptcy law, steps to improve ease of doing business among many others. It resulted in India making a record jump in ease of doing business index in 2017 and broke in to top 100 for first time. 3* 10* 12* 23* 46* 59* 66* 72* 154* 155* 156* 158* 159* 160*
- A very large number of old, archaic laws removed. Latest one under consideration (July 2018) in Supreme Court is article 377, removal of which will lead to decriminalisation of homo-sexuality. 1159 such redundant laws removed in just 2 years. 42* 163* 164* 165*
SCORE: 6.5/10 2.Corruption and black money.
- Attempts to clean up bureaucracy and red tape need more will. In 4 years, there have not been many deep reforms in functioning of most govt departments, as far as corruption and delays are concerned. Then there have been some seemingly counter-productive measures like the one which makes it harder to investigate a govt servant.
- For most part, BJP ruled states have not shown enough initiative and willingness for reforms as was expected of them.
Before anyone starts “where are my 15 lakh which Modi promised”, kindly watch this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOa04NN1M_Q
Recovering black money was one of the major poll promises of BJP and they have made fairly good progress on some fronts while it lacks on others.. As it happened, cleanups also unearthed huge scams in bank loans in which UPA regime gave away loans to numerous people who never meant to pay those back. This has proven to be one of the biggest scams in history and many big industrialists and UPA politicians including former Finance Minister Chidambaram have been implicated. Many of them have ran away from India to escape persecution. Apart from that, even after their best efforts, all the opposition parties and their followers have been unable to find a single corruption charge against Modi regime till date.
Demonetisation, however controversial it may be, has enabled recovery of untaxed income worth thousands of crores which would have never happened except for drastic measure like this. Implementation of GST was not perfect, but it has led to streamlined taxation process with reduced leakage, This link contains list of some income tax raids done immediately after demonetisation. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRovmVA_9x7NoyJHFLFZ7pA1Mi7gUYB6_OuGHgQA0pFLc9qQ1xTGMClqpGrudmZJ7YrBcg1n-VguZBi/pubhtml?gid=1658058173&single=true GOOD
- Huge scam in banking sector in which loans worth thousands of crores were given away without proper checks under influence of UPA ministers unearthed. Number of industrialists, bank officials and politicians are implicated. Many of these industrialists are being forced to give back that money. Legal actions being taken against others, some of which have fled India and some politicians and their associates. Banks starting to show gains after sustained recovery efforts. 120* 131* 136* 137* 138* 139* 140* 141* 158*
- Many politicians jailed or under investigation for various corruption issues including former CMs and central ministers. 130* 142* 143* 144* 149* 150*
- Many dubious NGOs, many of which have shady backgrounds have been forced to shut shop or forced to reduce their operations. Among the benign ones, many of such organisations were front for money laundering and payment of lackeys. Others were foreign sponsored fronts for mass scale conversions of Indics, anti-India propaganda and terrorism. 5* 9* 21* 91* 115* 126* 127* 145*
- A large quantity of black money from foreign bank accounts successfully recovered. Treaties signed with Switzerland (among other countries) under which Swiss will share details of Indians owning bank accounts in Swiss banks. 103* 122* 128* 129* 146* 148*
- Large increase in number of people paying income tax after rules like Aadhar verification, demonetisation, GST. Huge amounts of money recovered in income tax raids. Properties of gangsters targeted. Lakhs of shell companies closed down. 101* 121* 123* 128* 129* 147* 151* 152* 153* 161*
- Stronger laws passed against corruption and tax evasion. Top level corruption reduces significantly. 33* 75* 93* 101* 102*
- Modi regime perhaps underestimated how difficult the recovery of black money from foreign accounts will be. Although a huge sum of money has been recovered, the whole process will take a lot longer and most likely will fall short of hype during election campaign.
- A number of bank loan defaulters managed to evade authorities and escape to foreign countries. If they had been arrested earlier, then loan recovery would have been a lot more easier and faster.
- Implementation of GST was not up to par. Numerous issues still exist which will take atleast a few months to be sorted out.
- Although I personally support demonetisation, it was not as well planned as it should have been. Very large number of people faced inconveniences for quite long time due to shortage of currency. Strangely, number of currency notes in circulation has reached back previous levels.
- Even if corruption at top levels has been reduced, grassroot corruption still seems to be as bad as it was earlier. Problem of citizens dealing directly with govt departments have not eased much.
The actual score would have been a 6. Extra half point is due to clean image of almost every minister and no scams yet. Opposition parties have tried their best to make up scams like the one for Rafale planes, but their attempts have been laughably stupid. 3. Programs for citizens.
Energy savings with new policies https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/energy/powehow-modi-governments-led-programme-hopes-to-emerge-as-a-win-win-from-consumer-point-of-view/articleshow/52592189.cms
Reforms in electricity
This regime seems to have better reach out programs for general public which are meant to make their lives and interaction with government machinery easier and fruitful. In addition to big steps like Jan Dhan bank accounts, Mudra Yojna, free LPG for poor, there have been number of measures implemented to make government departments more responsive and approachable. Some of these points have overlap with economy and infrastructure issues, but they are mentioned here because they affect lives of citizens directly. and profoundly.. Some of these will be explained in detail in later posts. GOOD
- Red tape cut across various government departments. Steps like digital locker, self-attestation of documents and a few others meant to reduce paperwork, unnecessary delays and corruption implemented. 47* 62* 66* 67* 72* 107*
- Jan Dhan Yojna brings banking to the poorest and enables direct transfer of funds for subsidies and other welfare programs. This is one of the best measures in quite a long time meant for direct benefit of the poor. Reduces delays and corruption. 167* 168* 169* 170* 171* 172* 173* 175*
- Passport issue and re-issue process made much easier and faster. 110* 166*
- More platforms for feedback about government departments and policies created. Emphasis on transparency in governance and grievance redressal mechanisms. 79* 124* 116* 119*
- Steps taken to solve some employee issues related to Provident Fund, pensions and others. Lot more reforms still needed. 6* 18*
- Swachh Bharat Mission despite problems is showing some results. 85% of population now has access to toilets, compared to around 40% at start of program. According to WHO, 3 lakhs deaths caused by diarrhea were averted between 2014 and 2019. A lot of public places like railway stations are much cleaner. 175 * 176* 177* 178* 179*
- Ujwala Yojana, a scheme meant to eradicate use of polluting fuels like wood, coal, dung for cooking proves to be a good success. 5 crore new connections allotted ahead of target. 180* 181* 182* 183*
- While many countries struggle with it, India implements strong net neutrality rules. 184* 185*
- Multiple steps taken to improve conditions for farmers. Extra impetus on reducing malnutrition and increasing availability of nutritional food to citizens through various schemes. 186, 187, 188, 189 205* 206*
- Excellent work so far by power ministry bringing even the remotest places in India on electricity grid. A number of villages which had remained outside the grid now have electricity. Additionally, electricity production and distribution is much better. India has a power surplus and is 3rd largest electricity producer in world. Most of issues still remaining are more often than not due to inefficient and corrupt state electricity corporations. Cheap LED bulbs help in reducing power consumption. 190, 191 192* 193* 194* 195* 196* 197* 198* 199* 200* 201* 202*
- Much needed push for solar power with huge new solar power plants coming up. 203* 204*
- Pace of road construction across the country has picked up substantially and it has been the highest till now. Many remote regions have new connectivity and existing highways in most regions have been upgraded, 207* to 232* 26 \
- Inspite of all the schemes and subsidies, Indian agricultural sector suffers from various issues which will need a lot more work and better implementations. There has been no obvious solution of issues arising due to small size of land holdings, mimimum support prices and bureaucratic red tape.
- Swach Bharat mission has been partially successful at best.
- Implementation of digital measures meant to reduce red tape have had limited effect till now. Many people and govt departments remain unaware and disinterested in these changes.
If it was just the intention of projects mentioned here, this would be a full 10. But meaningful implementation of many of these projects is hampered by numerous factors like inefficient, corrupt bureaucracy, infinitely stupid and large population as well as mediocre planning. Some of these projects are longterm and the effects will be visible only after a certain amount of time. FINAL SCORE: 6.6/10
If compared with UPA regime, this one is miles ahead in almost everything. But this is not a good enough standard to improve upon. There have been some good efforts from top, but on ground implementation has been good in only a few. Some of the long standing issues like reforms in bureaucracy, agriculture and a few other fields which will take more than just good intent and announcement of schemes. LINKS:
- Fear of Narendra Modi makes babus finalize plans in 24 hours http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Fear-of-Narendra-Modi-makes-babus-finalize-plans-in-24-hours/articleshow/36367492.cms
- Working a 6-day week? No problem! Bureaucrats are loving Modi’s iron-fist http://www.firstbiz.com/corporate/working-6-day-week-problem-bureaucrats-loving-modis-iron-fist-87549.html
- Investments to get push as Modi govt takes green clearances online http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Narendra-Modi-to-MPs-Ask-SC-to-fast-track-your-cases/articleshow/36405187.cms
- PM Narendra Modi scraps 4 Cabinet Committees, including one on UIDAI http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-06-11/news/50478696_1_cabinet-panels-prime-minister-narendra-modi-cabinet-secretariat
- Modi govt puts NGOs under scan following IB warning http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/modi-govt-puts-ngos-under-intense-scan-following-ib-warning/article1-1228881.aspx
- Employees to get pension payment order on retirement day: Govt http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/pension-payment-order-jitendra-singh-37989.html
- National acc wiil be-appointing authority for top officers http://www.jagran.com/news/national-acc-wiil-be-appointing-authority-for-top-officers-11391267.html?src=p1
- Rajnath singh reviews citizens database scheme http://www.lensonnews.com/lensonnews/1/59/62099/1/rajnath-singh-reviews-citizens-database-scheme.html
- Centre cracks the whip on NGOs, direct foreign funding put on hold http://zeenews.india.com/news/nation/centre-cracks-the-whip-on-ngos-direct-foreign-funding-put-on-hold_940813.html
- Government clears investment hurdles, gives go ahead to seven projects worth Rs 21,000 crore http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/infrastructure/government-clears-investment-hurdles-gives-go-ahead-to-seven-projects-worth-rs-21000-crore/articleshow/36847309.cms
- Narendra Modi cracks the whip on ministers’ foreign travels http://www.financialexpress.com/news/narendra-modi-cracks-the-whip-on-ministers-foreign-travels/1262585
- Forest ministry greenlights faster, simpler clearances; defence, roads get priority http://www.financialexpress.com/news/forest-ministry-greenlights-faster-simpler-clearances-defence-roads-get-priority/1262507
- Modi austerity drive, no new cars for ministers, PMO to monitor spending http://ibnlive.in.com/news/modi-austerity-drive-no-new-cars-for-ministers-pmo-to-monitor-spending/481828-37-64.html
- 3 satellite cities being planned for re-settlement of Kashmiri Pandits http://daily.bhaskar.com/news/NAT-TOP-3-satellites-cities-being-planned-for-re-settlement-of-kashmiri-pandits-4656258-NOR.html
- Thirty days in office, Narendra Modi-led NDA working to keep promises http://www.financialexpress.com/news/thirty-days-in-office-narendra-modiled-nda-working-to-keep-promises/1264309
- Narendra Modi government to club three social security schemes http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/narendra-modi-government-to-club-three-social-security-schemes/articleshow/37285706.cms
- Rajnath Singh sets a 3-yr deadline for NPR rollout, link to voter ID likely http://indianexpress.com/article/india/politics/3-yr-deadline-for-npr-rollout-link-to-voter-id-likely/
- Register online, get provident fund code within hours http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/savings-centre/savings-news/register-online-get-provident-fund-code-within-hours/articleshow/37555385.cms
- 660 Nirbhaya Centres for women violence victims http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2014/jul/03/660-nirbhaya-centres-for-women-violence-victims/647b60d7f8c4149a28b9d8ccfafa18c9
- Passport delivery to become hassle-free, no police verification in case of renewal http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Passport-delivery-to-become-hassle-free-no-police-verification-in-case-of-renewal/articleshow/37724655.cms
- ‘No relevance’, Centre asks UN mission to vacate Delhi office http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/no-relevance-centre-asks-un-mission-to-vacate-delhi-office/
- New advisory to end ‘inspector raj’ http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/New-advisory-to-end-inspector-raj/articleshow/38036699.cms
- Centre to shield businesses from dreaded ‘inspector raj’ with new system http://www.financialexpress.com/news/centre-to-shield-businesses-from-dreaded-inspector-raj-with-new-system/1270288
- Railways’ ‘silent killers’: Now, trains won’t stop at ‘MP stops’ http://www.financialexpress.com/news/trains-now-won-t-stop-at-mp-stops/1270285
- Managing of PM Relief Fund to be modelled on Gujarat scheme http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/managing-of-pm-relief-fund-to-be-modelled-on-gujarat-scheme/
- Fear and foreboding in South Block http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/nation/fear-and-foreboding-in-south-block
- Government proposes changes in BIS to ensure product quality, withdrawal of substandard goods http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/government-proposes-changes-in-bis-to-ensure-product-quality-withdrawal-of-substandard-goods/articleshow/38826859.cms
- Narendra Modi government’s small reforms with big impact http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/economy/policy/narendra-modi-governments-small-reforms-with-big-impact/articleshow/38885465.cms
- For the first time in the history, IAS officers sacked in disproportionate assets case http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/arvind-joshi-ias-officer-sacked-in-disproportionate-assets-case–39518.html
- Centre clears revised norms for new airport bids in record time http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Centre-clears-revised-norms-for-new-airport-bids-in-record-time/articleshow/38881132.cms
- PM launches unique web platform to get citizens’ ideas for governance http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/PM-launches-unique-web-platform-to-get-citizens-ideas-for-governance/articleshow/39041211.cms
- Govt dissolves Khadi commission http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/govt-dissolves-khadi-commission/article6254888.ece
- Narendra Modi government asks ‘Babus’ to declare assets on or before September 15 http://www.indiatvnews.com/news/india/govt-asks-babus-to-declare-assets-by-september-15–39747.html
- Army Happy With ‘Quick’ Govt http://www.newindianexpress.com/thesundaystandard/Army-Happy-With-‘Quick’-Govt/2014/07/27/article2350296.ece
- Modi Cabinet clears labour reform Bills http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/modi-cabinet-clears-labour-reform-bills-114073100236_1.html
- How Achche Din dawned for Std XI and XII students in Baramulla http://www.rediff.com/news/special/special-how-achche-din-dawned-for-std-xi-and-xii-students-in-baramulla/20140731.htm
- Madhya Pradesh govt rehabs Bangla non-Muslims http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India/Madhya-Pradesh-govt-rehabs-Bangla-non-Muslims/articleshow/39326264.cms
- Winds of change: Productivity of Lok Sabha climbs to 103% http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Winds-of-change-Productivity-of-Lok-Sabha-climbs-to-103/articleshow/39440615.cms
- Government tells states to build detention centers for illegal Bangladeshis http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-government-tells-states-to-build-detention-centers-for-illegal-bangladeshis-2007991
- Cabinet clears amendments to Juvenile Justice Act paving way for harsher punishment http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Cabinet-clears-amendments-to-Juvenile-Justice-Act-paving-way-for-harsher-punishment/articleshow/39767899.cms
- Cabinet approves bill for judicial appointment body http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Cabinet-approves-bill-for-judicial-appointment-body/articleshow/39773831.cms
- Administration Govt prepares bill to repeal 36 archaic laws http://news.oneindia.in/india/govt-prepares-bill-to-repeal-36-archaic-laws-1499231.html Administration
- 13 reasons to cheer Modi sarkar’s first Parliament session http://www.rediff.com/news/report/reasons-to-cheer-modi-sarkar-first-parliament-session/20140814.htm
- 10 things that the Modi government is doing right http://www.rediff.com/news/special/10-things-that-the-modi-government-is-doing-right/20140813.htm
- Budget session productivity hits a high of 104% http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Budget-session-productivity-hits-a-high-of-104/articleshow/40296076.cms
- Bid to improve investment climate http://www.telegraphindia.com/1140817/jsp/business/story_18728366.jsp#.U_AUcWOwT5c
- Marriage registrations to go online from next month http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Marriage-registrations-to-go-online-from-next-month/articleshow/40319783.cms
- New norms soon for PSU bank directors; CMD post to be split http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/New-norms-soon-for-PSU-bank-directors-CMD-post-to-be-split/articleshow/40353924.cms
- National Investigation Agency ropes in Indian Statistical Institute for study on fake currency notes http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-17/news/52901475_1_ficn-fake-currency-notes-currency-cell
- 1 lakh per school to cover 10,000 schools. http://www.tcs.com/news_events/press_releases/Pages/TCS-PM-Clean-India-Initiative.aspx
- INDIA MODI-fied: Volume-3; The First Propulsion http://www.indianotes.com/uploads/article_pdf/2014/MotilalOswal_Modified_19August_2014.pdf
- IRCTC to soon offer cash on delivery for rail tickets http://firstbiz.firstpost.com/economy/wow-irctc-to-soon-offer-cash-on-delivery-for-rail-tickets-94452.html
- 100-day delivery: Modi ready with infra report card http://m.moneycontrol.com/news/economy/100-day-delivery-modi-readyinfra-report-card_1164101.html
- PM Modi sets up committee to identify ‘obsolete’ laws Manifesto http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/narendra-modi-sets-up-committee-to-identify-obsolete-laws/1/379398.html Administration
- .भारत (.Bharat) top-level domain launched http://ibnlive.in.com/news/-bharat-toplevel-domain-launched/494798-11.html
- PM Modi’s big plan: Get education, medical & birth records online in a digital locker http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-29/news/53362935_1_prime-minister-narendra-modi-suggestions-government-offices
- Buoyed by PM Modi’s election win, economy set to clock highest growth in 2 years http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-29/news/53362744_1_pm-modi-low-growth-gdp
- 100 DAYS – A report card http://i.imgur.com/kByr5OK.jpg
- Job creation to inspector raj, government did its work http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/job-creation-to-inspector-raj-government-did-its-work/
- Right and Radical The understated revolution of Prime Minister Narendra Modi http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/nation/right-and-radical
- Modi gets Lutyens’ bungalows vacated in three months http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/modi-gets-lutyens-bungalows-vacated-in-three-months/article1-1261088.aspx
- Soon, single RTO visit will be sufficient http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Soon-single-RTO-visit-will-be-sufficient/articleshow/41909687.cms Modi effect?
- Favouritism in govt decisions down, India improves global rank Modi effect? https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Favouritism-in-govt-decisions-down-India-improves-global-rank/articleshow/41935552.cms
- Jammu and Kashmir floods: Narendra Modi deploys successful Google app to find people http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-jammu-and-kashmir-floods-narendra-modi-deploys-successful-google-app-to-find-people-2017385
- Power, water supplies snapped in houses of Ajit Singh, Azharuddin http://www.daijiworld.com/news/news_disp.asp?n_id=263134
- Modi government promotes self attestation of documents http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-08-02/news/52356466_1_affidavits-pm-narendra-modi-pmo
- Non-essential drugs: NPPA withdraws price control order http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/nonessential-drugs-nppa-withdraws-price-control-ordearticle6439154.ece
- Attendance.gov.in: Modi government launches website to track attendance of government employees http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2014-10-07/news/54735540_1_biometric-attendance-system-government-employees-attendance-records
- Center launches Air Quality Index http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/centre-launches-index-to-measure-air-quality/articleshow/44866324.cms
- Narendra Modi government takes RTI to another level: All replies to be put online http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/narendra-modi-government-takes-rti-to-another-level-all-replies-to-be-put-online/articleshow/44898219.cms
- Modi government cancels golf memberships for bureaucrats http://www.deccanchronicle.com/150129/nation-current-affairs/article/modi-government-cancels-golf-memberships-bureaucrats
- Narendra Modi Cabinet to cut paper trail, go Kindle http://www.financialexpress.com/article/economy/narendra-modi-cabinet-to-cut-paper-trail-go-kindle/43358/
- What triggered the crackdown http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/TOI-exclusive-on-corporate-espionage-What-triggered-the-crackdown/articleshow/46318191.cms
- When an “Aam Aadmi” exposed Journalist Mihir S Sharma http://www.opindia.com/2015/02/when-an-aam-aadmi-exposed-journalist-mihir-s-sharma/
- Top-level corruption’s down in Modi govt, fingers crossed: India Inc http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Top-level-corruptions-down-in-Modi-govt-fingers-crossed-India-Inc/articleshow/46328407.cms
- Indian Railways launches country’s first customer complaint mobile app (IT) http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/railways-launches-indias-first-customer-complaint-mobile-app/1/421909.html
- Mispricing exports, imports may land you in jail for 7 years http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Mispricing-exports-imports-may-land-you-in-jail-for-7-years/articleshow/46465386.cms
- Operation Smile: Rajnath Singh’s push helps recover 2500 missing children http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/46598821.cms
- PM launches multi-purpose and multi-modal platform PRAGATI (Pro-Active Governance And Timely Implementation) http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=117702
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approves innovative mechanism for utilization of stranded gas based generation capacity http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=117698
- Formation of SPV to provide efficient rail evacuation systems to Major Ports http://pib.nic.in/newsite/erelease.aspx?relid=117694
- Modi led NDA govt bypasses bid route, PGCIL to develop 20K MW green corridor http://www.financialexpress.com/article/economy/narendra-modi-led-nda-govt-bypasses-bid-route-pgcil-to-develop-20k-mw-green-corrido57520/?
- Reclaim your inoperative EPFO a/c money http://www.business-standard.com/article/pf/reclaim-your-inoperative-epfo-a-c-money-115032600231_1.html
- Judicial reform proposals: Litigations to end in 3 to 5 years, summons to be sent by email http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-01-08/news/57838245_1_top-judges-high-courts-chief-justices-conference
- In Big Relief for Farmers, PM Modi Announces More Compensation for Crop Damage http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/in-big-relief-for-farmers-pm-modi-announces-more-compensation-for-crop-damage-753168?site=full
- Home Ministry freezes all 7 bank accounts of Greenpeace India http://ibnlive.in.com/news/home-ministry-freezes-all-7-bank-accounts-of-greenpeace-india/538849-3.html
- LPG cash transfer plan takes commercial cylinder sales up http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-04-13/news/61102830_1_lpg-cylinders-auto-lpg-dbtl
- PM Modi launches PRAGATI platform for redressal of grievances (DNA) http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-pm-modi-launches-pragati-platform-for-redressal-of-grievances-2071960
- Ford Foundation put under MHA watch list in “national interest and security” of India http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-04-24/news/61493635_1_home-ministry-ford-foundation-watch-list
- NaMo’s healing touch to Farmers – Direct Deposit of Relief to Jan Dhan Accounts http://www.niticentral.com/2015/04/22/compensate-farmers-jan-dhan-yojana-accounts-310605.html
- Govt cancels licences of 8,975 NGOs for failing to file annual returns http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Govt-cancels-licences-of-8975-NGOs-for-failing-to-file-annual-returns/articleshow/47075077.cms?
- Bharat Mala: PM Narendra Modi’s planned Rs 14,000 crore road from Gujarat to Mizoram (ET) http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-04-29/news/61652753_1_crore-road-road-connectivity-road-network
- Cabinet clears stronger anti-corruption Act http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/cabinet-clears-amendments-to-anticorruption-act/article7154111.ece?homepage=true
- Prime Minister to Launch Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) AND The Atal Pension Yojana (APY) on 9th May 2015 at Kolkata http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=120041
- Narendra Modi government eases incorporation of business, process to take just 1 form starting today http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/47116318.cms
- Forest fund gets Rs 38,000 crore boost http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/environment/flora-fauna/forest-fund-gets-rs-38000-crore-boost/articleshow/47102196.cms
- India is in a much better place after one year of Modi rule http://blogs.economictimes.indiatimes.com/Myth-n-Reality/india-is-in-a-much-better-place-after-one-year-of-modi-rule/
- One Year Later, India In Better Shape Under Modi http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2015/05/03/one-year-later-india-in-better-shape-under-modi/
- One year of Modi government: A look at what does India Inc think http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/one-year-of-modi-government-a-look-at-what-does-india-inc-think/articleshow/47155459.cms
- Entire Machinery of Indian Railways Geared up for Implementation Work http://www.orissadiary.com/CurrentNews.asp?id=59098
- Govt goes after D-gang properties, to approach agencies abroad http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Govt-goes-after-D-gang-properties-to-approach-agencies-abroad/articleshow/47335585.cms
- Black Money Bill with more teeth gets Rajya Sabha approval http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/economy/black-money-bill-with-more-teeth-gets-rajya-sabha-approval/article7202317.ece
- Switzerland begins naming Indians, foreigners being probed at home for tax evasion http://www.hindustantimes.com/business-news/swiss-begins-naming-indians-others-being-probed-at-home/article1-1351161.aspx
- Narendra Modi government booted out 460 leaders from Lutyens bungalows http://www.abplive.in/india/2015/06/06/article610140.ece/Narendra-Modi-government-Lutyens-bungalows-Venkaiah-Naidu-nda-government
- How the PM dismantled the transfer-posting industry http://www.dailyo.in/politics/modi1-narendra-modi-bureaucracy-ias-pk-mishra-upa-pmo-indian-railways-suresh-prabhu/story/1/4186.html
- Meet India’s chief human resources officer http://www.rediff.com/getahead/report/specials-meet-indias-chief-human-resources-office20150611.htm
- Live paperless; keep sensitive data, documents safe in DigiLocker http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/savings-centre/analysis/live-paperless-keep-sensitive-data-documents-safe-in-digilockearticleshow/47609731.cms
- With 1500 squatters kicked out from Lutyens bungalows, it might explain why its always Modi vs All http://www.opindia.com/2018/02/with-1500-squatters-kicked-out-from-lutyens-bungalows-it-might-explain-why-its-always-modi-vs-all/ 109 Govt pushes squatters out of Lutyens Bungalow Zone, only 4 left https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/govt-pushes-squatters-out-of-lutyens-bungalow-zone-only-4-left/story-JrSIsyfhmkeHK1YVgKQMMM.html
- Police verification no longer required for reissue of passports: Govt http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/police-verification-no-longer-required-for-reissue-of-passports-govt/
- Govt’s ultimatum to road developers: Perform or perish http://www.financialexpress.com/article/india-news/govts-ultimatum-to-road-developers-perform-or-perish/181570/
- 2,200 corrupt govt officials identified in 2015, CBI says http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/2200-corrupt-govt-officials-identified-in-2015-CBI-says/articleshow/51032131.cms
- Narendra Modi government evicts record number of illegal occupants from Lutyens Delhi http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/narendra-modi-government-evicts-record-number-of-illegal-occupants-from-lutyens-delhi/articleshow/51329453.cms
- Parrikar finds $3 bn lying forgotten in US account http://www.business-standard.com/article/economy-policy/parrikar-finds-3-bn-lying-forgotten-in-us-account-116030500049_1.html
- India denies visas to US religious freedom body http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/india-denies-visas-to-us-religious-freedom-body/articleshow/51248712.cms
- FCI goes online, links 30 godowns in 1st phase http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/51443357.cms
- Big reform: Modi government plans to redeploy bureaucrats and reduce patronage postings http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/big-reform-modi-government-plans-to-redeploy-bureaucrats-and-reduce-patronage-postings/articleshow/51504060.cms
- 15 customs and central excise personnel fired: Sacking signals crackdown on laggards http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/51676177.cms
- Modi government makes 8 lakh calls in 10 days to check success of four big schemes http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/51691671.cms
- The biggest ever fire sale of Indian corporate assets has begun, to tide over bad loans crisis http://www.thehindu.com/business/Industry/the-biggestever-fire-sale-of-indian-corporate-assets-has-begun-to-tide-over-bad-loans-crisis/article8573163.ece?homepage=true
- Blackmoney: Govt unearths indirect tax evasion of Rs 50,000 crore in two years http://indianexpress.com/article/business/economy/blackmoney-govt-unearths-indirect-tax-evasion-of-rs-50000-crore-in-two-years-2793085/
- The Mauritius Loophole: The Story Of Its Origin And How India Finally Managed To Shut It http://swarajyamag.com/economy/the-mauritius-loophole-the-story-of-its-origin-and-how-india-finally-managed-to-shut-it Infrastructure
- Rs. 43,000 Crore In Black Money Recovered In 2 Years: Revenue Secretary http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/rs-43-000-crore-in-black-money-recovered-in-2-years-revenue-secretary-1427078
- Why PM Modi called this Tripura IAS officer at 10pm http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Why-PM-Modi-called-this-Tripura-IAS-officer-at-10pm/articleshow/53908586.cms
- PM Narendra Modi’s Cleanliness Drive Frees Up Space For 50 In His Office http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/pm-modis-cleanliness-drive-in-his-office-frees-up-space-for-50-people-1287549?pfrom=home-lateststories
- Ford Foundation-govt stand-off ends as NGO agrees to come under Fema http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Ford-Foundation-govt-stand-off-ends-as-NGO-agrees-to-come-under-Fema/articleshow/48092013.cms?from=mdr
- Home Ministry freezes all 7 bank accounts of Greenpeace India http://ibnlive.in.com/news/home-ministry-freezes-all-7-bank-accounts-of-greenpeace-india/538849-3.html
- Govt to net Rs 10,000 crore from Swiss bank accounts by March-end: SIT http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Govt-to-net-Rs-10k-cr-by-March-end-from-Swiss-account-holders-SIT/articleshow/46180794.cms
- Swiss banks up black money vigil as India threatens criminal action http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/46812758.cms
- CBI raids P Chidambaram and son Karti’s residence in Chennai; Congress calls it political vendetta by BJP http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-cbi-raids-former-union-minister-p-chidambaram-s-residence-in-chennai-2439731
- Banking scam has UPA era roots http://www.sundayguardianlive.com/news/12894-banking-scam-has-upa-era-roots
- Modi Govt @ 4: How the Dread of Deadlines Revamped Sarkaari Offices https://www.news18.com/news/india/modi-govt-4-how-the-dread-of-deadlines-revamped-sarkaari-offices-1760253.html
- Private Sector Professionals Can Be Bureaucrats, 10 Senior Posts Open https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/lateral-entry-to-bureaucracy-a-reality-with-openings-in-10-ministries-1865251
- Alternative to IAS? Modi govt opens lateral entry for professionals as Joint Secretaries; details here https://www.financialexpress.com/jobs/alternative-to-ias-modi-govt-opens-lateral-entry-for-professionals-as-joint-secretaries-details-here/1200499/
- Lateral Entry: Landmark step by Modi govt to equip bureaucracy for challenges and opportunities http://www.opindia.com/2018/06/lateral-entry-landmark-step-by-modi-govt-to-equip-bureaucracy-for-challenges-and-opportunities/
Rest of link in comments. Reddit is changing the numbering pattern in links on comments on it's own. Original post : http://jjamwal.in/yayavabjp-government-performance-analysis-administration-governance/
I was making edits to A Beginner Guide written by a Beginner and Updated by a Friend
when it gave me the error message that the post had too many characters. I decided it was honestly too wordy. I hope that the clarity of the message was not lost during the chopping process. Light suggestions and/or questions are welcome. I added this to the wiki
as well after updating it due to your suggestions :)
The guide starts with day 1 "need to know" information then proceeds with Characters you Want, the Daily Grind, More to Grind, Comic Cards, Character Optimization, and finally a Quick Start Glossary. First Month Goals
Content Difficulty Progression
- Get your first Tier-2. You get a T2 ticket after logging in for 30 days. I would recommend Sharon, Elsa, or Carnage. Keep working on their gears to 20/20/20/20 in preparation for this (need ±366 bios for max gears).
- Beat 'Hard' Villain Siege: Sharon should do the job nicely.
- Beat Alliance Battle every day. Your score should increase every day from week to week until you "beat it" for that day (166,750 for mob days and 210,500 for Frosty+mobs) and have access to extreme alliance battle. You will need a strong Sharon, Loki, Iron Fist (w/uni), and Elsa (T2 and uni) or some other variation of blast, universal, combat, speed, female, and villain.
- Beat all World Bosses. Get nine 6* characters for 3 daily wins. There are no restrictions to who you can use, but you can only use a character in the main battle once. So you'll eventually need 5 good teams which will likely have Sharon, Iron Fist, Elsa, Loki, and somebody else plus some decent leaders and strikers (Ignore Dodge for Corvus).
- Get five good 4 star cards that all have skill cooldown and ignore defense. This will take a lot of time, but the earlier you work on this the better. You get cards from rifts.
- Clear as many floors as possible of Shadowland. You will need strong 6* characters. By strong I mean really strong. Gear up your World Boss and Alliance Battle clearers. Try Iron Fist or Loki for floor one. As motivation floors 5, 10, and 15 reward bio selectors and the 1st time clear rewards include rank up tickets.
This is a rough estimation of the progression of the game using the character level as a reference. Villain Siege
, Alliance Battle
, Alliance Conquest
. Starter Team: 6* Sharon Rogers, Loki, and any top character of your choice
This can be done with the 6* selector (day 1), the 6* selector (day 7), and "Hero's Journey".
A "Six Star Selector" allows for you to choose a character from a menu and that character is immediately 6* regardless of whether you recruited them or not.
For your 2nd and 3rd starter characters there are conflicting recommendations which to me proves it doesn't really matter who you choose, but be warned that not all characters are created equally so it is best to choose from these or the difficult to farm "Facetank" characters listed further down.
- Sharon Rogers is essentially a must have. Neglecting to 6* her will be a significant detriment to your game progression.
- Loki is a very beginner friendly character that is highly recommended in part due to him being a villain.
- Robbie Reyes is also very user friendly with several iframes (cannot be targeted) and a shield. He could be a Universal Class alternative, but he is not villain.
- If you do not choose Loki you would need to get a villain elsewhere: farm Loki from Rifts, farm Sandman from specials, pay 6600 crystals for Magneto, or get Enchantress/Carnage from the bio $ubscription
- Ancient One is highly recommended as your third 6* due to his incredible supportive roll with attack leadership (for Sharon) and a healing bubble. Not to mention he can solo a SL rumble and would also speed up the Dr. Strange Epic Quest.
- Other recommended characters that are difficult to farm include: Red Hulk, Mantis, and Silk.
- Unfortunately X-men cannot be obtained through 6 star selectors or bio selectors.
Check out the analysis/discussion from "Starter toons: Sharon Rogers and _________?"
and decide for yourself, but definitely
get Sharon Rogers. After your first "failed" mission it is highly recommended to get 4 star Iron Fist.
Get his Hobo (netflix) Uni when you have the chance. Farm Enough Story Mission Bios to 6 Star Cap, Widow, and Iron Man.
Both Cap and Iron Man will be very useful additions to your team. Black Widow can be good, but as a beginner will be mostly useful as a striker in the Corvus Glaive World Boss battle.
You can get Age of Ultron unis for gold. Use your 3 day trial of bio subscription for "Paywall" characters
I would recruit Enchantress, Agent Venom, and Kid Kaiju who are all still useful at T1. I would only use them on Carnage if you plan on paying for a bio subscription to T2 him (need ~366 bios to max gears). You will still need to get Mega Rank Up Tickets (2600 Crystals on weekend) to rank them up. T2 Carnage > Agent Venom > Kid Kaiju > Enchantress > Ironheart > Hyperion > T1 Carnage The best deals for real money include Stark Stash, Bio Subscription, VIP Package, and S.H.I.E.L.D.
Prices vary slightly depending on where you live and whether you use android or Apple (android is cheaper), but these are generally the best deals:
- Stark Stash: 200 crystals upfront (goes towards VIP) and 75 crystals for 30 days worth of logins for 2450 crystals total.
- Bio Subscription: 300 crystals upfront (goes towards VIP) and then a 20 bios daily for 30 days. This is the only way to unlock and get bios for "exclusive" paywall characters (Carnage, Enchantress, Agent Venom, Kid Kaiju, Ironheart, Hyperion). Paywall characters are prime candidates for "mega rank up tickets" (take any hero you've recruited and bring them to 6*).
- VIP Package: this pops ups at least once a day and offers 4400 crystals plus a mega rank up ticket (MRUT) and mega mastery ticket. The crystals go toward your VIP bar. Note that the offer changes at VIP 11+.
- At low VIP's there is a 5$ package for a 6* selector. That would also be a good value.
- "Reach S.H.I.E.L.D. Level": This is about the same cost as an early VIP package, and some of the rewards are similar, but over time it will be an even better deal.
You don't need to spend money to be successful in this game, but I would highly recommend at least getting the Stark Stash (or bio sub) to get to VIP 1 (200 Crystals) for increased gold in Co-Op
. You'll also hear a lot about "tag heals" which is unlocked at VIP 3 (2300 crystals total), and "Heroic Rifts" which are unlocked at VIP 10 (99,000 crystals total). The best deals for Crystals include on sale uniforms (750), Mega Rank Up Tickets (2600), and "Deluxe" pack (6600). Get in as high level alliance as you can (ideally 24+)
Use the weekly recruitment thread
to join an Alliance for camaraderie, alliance stat boosts, alliance member rifts, energy rewards, and Alliance Battle/Conquest. Note that the stat boosts from Alliances
You may see Alliance requirements including days of activity, Alliance Battle
score, and Alliance Conquest
participation. Even so, there are so many alliances out there that the odds are good that you can find a good balance between casual and competitive. There will also be a variety in beginner and veterans. But let's be honest, veterans need beginners around to tell them that they are awesome :) Don't go "all in" on Epic Quests (Dr. Strange and Wolverine/Jean), rather dip your feet!
Dr. Strange, Wolverine, and Jean are all amazing, but the cost is significantly above a beginner's paygrade. I would however recommend completing enough quests to start farming Baron Mordo (need 50 Red Norns and 200 Blue Norns) and Rogue/Beast (need 100 Dimension Debris and 100 Red Norns). Rogue (speed) and Beast (combat) are perfect complements to your Sharon/Loki starter pack. For more information: Dr. Strange Epic Quest Guide
and Rise of the X-men Epic Quest guide
Characters and why you want them: Facetank chars
- Low skill threshold to defeat most content. High priority characters bolded.
|Character ||Survivability ||Farmability |
|Sharon Rogers ||iframes + damage immunity ||Use starter selectors. Otherwise Bio Selectors. |
|Loki ||shield + clones = RUN ||Viable starter option. Otherwise Dimension Rift "Chitauri Invasion" |
|Carnage ||iframes + invincibility @ T2 ||Bio $ubscription only. Use Rank up Tickets and save bios for gears. |
|Agent Venom ||iframes + shield + invincibility ||Bio $ubscription only. Use Rank up Tickets and save bios for gears. |
|Enchantress ||shield, and can permanently charm world bosses ||Bio $ubscription only. Use Rank up Tickets and save bios for gears. |
|Kid Kaiju ||iframes + summons + shield ||Bio $ubscription only. Use Rank up Tickets and save bios for gears. |
|Elsa ||iframe + damage immunity @ T2 ||Villain Siege Chaos Tokens |
|Kate Bishop ||iframes + stuns ||Villain Siege "Hard" |
|Captain Marvel ||damage immunity ||Timeline Honor Tokens |
|Crystal ||snare attacks + shield ||Special Mission, Inhumans "Crystal Palace" |
|Songbird ||snare attacks + shield ||Special Mission, New Avengers "Baked Alaska" |
|Groot ||Heal; Baby uni: iframes ||Dimension Rift "Bark is Worse than Bite" |
|Yellow Jacket ||several iframes ||Dimension Rift "Amazingly Interesting Voyage" |
|Wasp ||damage immunity "bubble" + iframe ||Dimension Rift "Growth Spurt" |
|Baron Mordo ||iframe + stuns + shield ||Epic Quest, Memory Mission "Road to the Monastery" |
|Ancient One ||invincibility + heal ||Epic Quest, Memory Mission "Monastery in Trouble" |
|Hellstorm ||immunity + summon ||Epic Quest, Dark Dimension "Increasing Darkness" |
|Rogue ||damage immunity (skill/leadership) + iframes + heal ||Epic Quest: Rise of the X-men, Tracking "Going Rogue" |
|Beast ||stun + snare + iframe ||Epic Quest: Rise of the X-men, Tracking "Friends and Enemies" |
|Storm ||stun + guard breaks + iframes ||Epic Quest: Rise of the X-men, Tracking "Weathering the Storm" |
|Cyclops ||stun + guard breaks + damage immunity + iframe ||Epic Quest: Rise of the X-men, Tracking "Blindsided!" |
|Magneto ||bind + guard breaks + shield + iframes ||6600 crystals for "Deluxe" pack; "Mutual Enemy" |
|Captain America ||damage immunity + iframe (uni) ||Story Mission 1-1, 3-10, and 5-6 |
|Black Widow ||dodge + guard breaks + stun (uni) ||Story Mission 1-4, 2-6, 3-9, and 5-4 |
|Iron Fist ||uni: invincibility + iframe; dodge @ T2 ||Story Mission 4-5 and 6-5. |
|Elektra ||iframes + stun ||Story Mission 4-6, 7-2, and 7-5 |
|Black Panther ||damage immunity + iframes ||Story Mission 8-1 |
|Thor ||guard breaks + shield ||Story Mission 8-9, 12-5, and 12-8 |
|Blackbolt ||guard breaks + damage immunity @ T2 ||Story Mission 8-10 |
|GR (Robbie Reyes) ||iframes + shield ||Bio Selectors. |
|Mantis ||iframes + heal + fear bubble ||Bio Selectors. |
|Red Hulk ||guard breaks + heal + damage immunity (uni) ||Bio Selectors. |
|Silk ||shield + webbing ||Bio Selectors. |
- Only need ranking and mastery to be helpful. Characters worth further investment are marked with ‡
|Boost ||Character(s) |
|48% Damage to Male ||She-Hulk (uni = +55%) |
|45% Energy Attack ||Hela, Ironheart‡ |
|45% Energy Attack for Blast ||Ancient One‡, Star-lord (uni = +50%) |
|45% Physical Attack ||Gorgon, Beast‡ |
|40% Energy Attack ||Ebony Maw |
|45% All Attack ||Magneto‡ (for X-men) |
|36% All Attack ||Moon-Girl‡ |
|24% All Attack ||Wiccan‡, Sin, Punisher, Ultron, Shang-Chi‡, Hyperion‡, Hogan, Cyclops‡ (+24% All Defense) |
|30% Energy Attack ||Crystal‡, Singularity, Lash, Captain Marvel‡, Modok, Blackbolt‡ |
|30% Physical Attack ||Elsa‡, Deathlok, War Machine, Crossbones, Winter Soldier, Ulik‡, Hulk |
|18% All Attack, 18% All Defense, 6% Speed ||Wasp‡ |
|36% All Attack for Universal ||Ronan‡ (+36% all defense), Medusa‡ |
|60% Lightning Damage ||Lincoln |
|60% Fire Damage ||Satana‡, Red Hulk‡ |
|60% Cold Damage ||Misty Knight |
- Generally cannot be main damage dealers unless marked
- Warwolf: can transfer his skill 5 to massively increase damage (+80% all attack, +20% all speed, +60% crit rate). At T2 gives team-wide stat boosts: +20% crit rate and +30% crit damage.
- Daisy: can transfer her skill 3 to massively increase damage (180% increase "1 attack"). The amount of damage is increased by her Quake uniform ("2 attacks") and by her T2 (+15% ignore defense and 100% chance to penetrate barrier, shield, and damage immunity).
- Coulson: At T2 gives team-wide stat boosts to heroes: +20% to crit rate and +45% damage to villains.
- Groot‡: Can be switched in to drop healing circle (skill 3). At T2 gives team-wide heal proc. Uniforms make him very flexible (Main is combat; Throot is universal; Baby is speed)
- Wasp‡: At T2 grants team-wide buff proc against debuffs. Her T2 is the anti-Dr. Strange for your team in Time-line.
- Mantis‡: At T2 grants a team-wide buff: +15% ignore defense and +20% critical damage. Also skill 3 adds +15% dodge to all allies and her skill 5 makes an awesome fear circle. If you switch her out and stay inside you get +20% crit rate.
- Beast‡: can transfer his skill 5 to boost Attack, Defense, Speed, and Ignore Defense. At T2 gives team-wide stat boosts: +8% crit rate, + 110% recovery rate, and decrease damage received by 15%.
The Daily Grind:
Complete each of the daily "challenges". Most of these modes should be done during Hot Time (reduced cost and increased rewards) which occurs twice a day for 3 hours (6 AM/PM Pacific Time). Most can also be played on "auto" by using clear tickets. For Story missions you can "autoclear" which will insta-clear the level giving you gold and shield/alliance experience, but it will not
give your characters experience. Story missions (1+/day)
: Complete story mode chapters up to 10 as soon as you can. You can level characters more quickly using higher levels. After you have done such, here's a list of story mode characters (alphabetical) that you might want to get:
Special missions (20 min/day):
- Black Panther: He now is strong even at T1 once he is 6*and is one of the best farmable combat characters.
- Black Widow: Very strong speed char for non spenders and ignore dodge striker for Corvus.
- Blackbolt: only 10 bios a day, so slow to farm, but one of the elite T2s now.
- Captain America: Easily farmable plus damage immunity on skill 1.
- Daisy: Support char as mentioned above. Really lackluster otherwise.
- Deathlok: +30% physical attack Leadership and is an Ignore dodge striker (for Corvus Glaive in World Boss). Really lackluster otherwise.
- Elektra: recently rebalanced with iframes and a stun.
- Ghost Rider: With uni can gain invulnerability to be a facetank like character, T2 allows him to beat all the WBs with some practice
- Iron Fist: Needs his "Hobo" (Netflix) uni but can then kill WBs pretty easy. T2 boosts survivability further.
- Lincoln: decent survivability and "hit-lock" attacks.
- Thor: Very powerful with Unworthy thor uni.
- Other leadership chars as listed above (Ultron, Modok, Winter Soldier, War Machine, Punisher, Lincoln etc based on what you need).
Daily Missions (2/day) Fairly easy missions with great rewards including: gold and the option for Iso-8/nornstones, more gold/experience chips, or M'kraan Shards (X-men material). Villain Siege (1-3/day)
|Rank ||New Avengers ||Inhumans |
|1 ||Songbird ||Crystal |
|2 ||Wiccan ||Gorgon |
|3 ||White Tiger ||Moon Girl |
|4 ||Squirrel Girl ||Maximus |
|5 ||Hulkling ||Karnak |
This is a fossil of previous “end-game” content. It is more important that you win the battle then you use all of the recommended characters. If you know it will take you two tries, then use a team with NO recommended characters first, followed by one with 2-3 of the recommended characters.
Use the Chaos Tokens for: Elsa >> Chaos Custom Gear Chest/Chaos Chest > Ant-man > Lash Timeline (1-10/day)
A "one vs. one" matchup that gives honor tokens for each battle (win or lose) and crystals at the end of the week for how high you scored in comparison to others. Note that your characters start with all skills on cooldown while the enemy's do not. At least do one a day, but it would be worth it to do all of them.
Use the Tokens on Captain Marvel > Warwolf > Honor Card Chest/Honor Chest > Gamora
More to Grind Alliance Battle Great source of gold, norns, and bios. Here's a chart of who to use from my Alliance Battle Guide:
Dimension Rift (3 "completions") Coordinate Rifts with alliance members to get completion bonus (gold, dimension debris, energy). MFF etiquette strongly suggests you commit to several battles in a rift if you choose to enter it.
|Day ||Main Damage ||Leader ||Support ||Notes |
|Open (x2; reset day) ||Loki, Sharon, Hellstorm, Strange ||She-Hulk, Ancient One, Gorgon, Hela ||Warwolf (T2), Coulson (T2), Groot (T2) ||save combat/villain (i.e. Carnage) for XAB |
|Combat ||Hobo Iron Fist, Agent Venom, Carnage, Black Panther, Moon Knight, Red Hulk, Captain America ||She-Hulk, Hulk, Shang-Chi ||Groot (T2), Warwolf (T2) ||save T2 Warwolf for XAB, unless you have T2 Coulson. |
|Blast ||Sharon, Enchantress, Strange, Mantis, Cyclops ||Ancient One, Star-Lord ||Coulson (T2) || |
|Speed ||Elsa (L), Kate, Rogue, Silk, Kid Kaiju ||Elsa, Winter Soldier ||Baby Groot (T2) ||Speed day is tough. Get Elsa's uni and her T2. |
|Universal ||Loki, Hellstorm, GR (Robbie Reyes), Captain Marvel, Black Order, Dmmu, Odin ||Ronan, Medusa, Hela ||Throot (T2) ||Loki strikes again. |
|Female ||Sharon, Floki, Elsa, Mantis, Rogue ||Hela, Ancient One (uni) ||Ancient One (uni) ||Starog is easier than Loki (uni) and would allow Floki to be used for XAB as DPS (if no BO) or team-up (w/DMMU). |
|Villain ||Loki, Enchantress ||Ronan, Hela ||n/a ||Looookiii |
Cards to farm: Loki, Nebula, Baby Groot, Star-Lord/Yondu, Zombies (Heroic Rifts), and Punisher (Heroic Rifts)
Characters to farm: Loki > Wasp/Yellowjacket/Groot > Ronan > others Co-Op (5 "Rewards" collections)
It is worth it to increase your VIP to 1 for its benefit in Co-Op alone. There are 8 reward slots that open with increasing VIP. VIP 1 opens the GOLD slot. Otherwise the first slot is random (giving you a chance for gold).
Epic Quest Missions
|Characters at 4 stars & level 40 ||Stage ||~Gold per ”Reward Acquired” |
|0 ||Stage 1 ||~260,000 |
|21+ ||Stage 2 ||~280,000 |
|41+ ||Stage 3 ||~320,000 |
|61+ ||Stage 4 ||~360,000 |
|81+ ||Stage 5 ||~400,000 |
|101+ ||Stage 6 ||~440,000 |
Memory Missions, Dark Dimension, Tracking, Veiled Secret, and Mutual Enemy will eventually become part of your "daily grind," but as a beginner focus only on farming Rogue and Beast from the X-men "Tracking" missions. It might also be worth farming Baron Mordo from Dr. Strange Memory Mission "Road to the Monastery" partially due to the extra obelisks. World Boss Invasion (unlimited)
Your characters will be temporarily maxed for this co-op boss battle. Be sure to read and follow the requirements as best you can. Push the purple button when available. Slot boxes for later and then open them for random norns, bios, and other resources. World Bosses
Gives black anti-matter, chaos norns, and bios for the black order (BO) characters. One of your primary goals of the game should be to beat world bosses as soon as possible. A few pointers:
- Proxima: Just kill her.
- Black Dwarf: Use Energy attackers. If you can't destroy shield while charging then switch out right before blast. Considered about as hard as Thanos.
- Corvus Glaive: Use "Ignore Dodge" strikers (Kate, Agent Venom, Song-bird, Agent 13, Black Widow, and Deathlok). Revives twice for 3 total deaths.
- Supergiant: Use Physical attackers. If you can't destroy shield while charging then switch out right before blast.
- Ebony Maw: Don't stand in the yellow pillars.
- Thanos: Might benefit to use "Movement speed" strikers (Proxima, Corvus, Wasp) if the meteors mess you up.
- Infinity Thanos: Pretty dang hard. Might benefit to use "Movement speed" strikers (Proxima, Corvus, Wasp) if the meteors mess you up.
Once unlocked and clearing 30/35 build up: Strange >>>> Corvus/Proxima > Odin/Dormammu/Jean >> Thanos > Ebony/Supergiant >>>> Black Dwarf.
World Boss Ultimate is ridiculously challenging. Shadowland
A "transition" into end game content, but you can do it! Try your best to get farther each week. Floors 5, 10, and 15 reward bio selectors. These are my Six Pieces of Advice for Shadowland:
- Force low tier characters to clear difficult low floors. Save T2 for floors 10+
- Plan out all static floors (1, 2, 5, 21-25) but especially floors 22 and 23 (and floor 5 for a beginner).
- Keep Track of your Roster.
- Unless you want a specific reward avoid Waves, Rumbles, Reflects, Bleeds, and Spider-Army
- Keep Track of your Clears and Analyze for Improvement
- Have Fun, Take Your Time, and Good Luck!
First time clear rewards are incredible including rank up tickets, cards, awakened iso, and Black Anti-matter for Epic Quests and ranking up Native T2's. Battleworld (1-10/day “when active”)
Occasional event that can reward bios, iso, obelisks, and cards. I would at least do one to get “on the board” and get some reward. It is usually good to max your participation if you can just for the gold participation rewards though which scale up with number of entries. Alliance Conquest
Depending on the activity of your alliance you may be required (or encouraged) to participate in this incredible, interactive battle game between 3 alliances. It is reminiscent of the world domination game Risk
It has two phases: the obvious Attack phase (3 times a day) and the slightly more confusing "prep" phase. During prep phase all you can do is revive defeated