The choice of the optimal ways to buy Bitcoin depends on three factors: how much information you want to disclose, what is the amount of the transaction and what level of security you require. However, it is almost impossible to comply with all 3 factors. So, what is the best way to buy Bitcoin? submitted by
1. Stock exchange The best way to buy crypto
is to use an exchange (Binance
, Coinbase Pro
, Huobi Global
), where one can sell and buy digital currency from other investors. The price is set manually. In this case, the commission charged by the intermediary will not exceed 1%. The exchange provides anonymity since you don’t need to provide your ID in most exchanges. There are several options for transactions:
- Quick deal – immediate purchase or sale of currency from another exchange user;
- Offer – the seller determines the conditions under which the transaction should be arranged, and the buyer can either agree with the conditions or refuse to buy from this seller;
- Automatic order – the system completes the transaction when conditions are fulfilled (provided that you have the funds necessary to fulfill).
If you want to know how to begin investing in Bitcoin
, start studying stock exchanges.
- Fair rates. You buy Bitcoin, not at the rate that the exchanger came up with, but at the real market rate, which is constantly changing;
- Safety. Trusted, reliable exchanges do not cheat. The trust of users is important to them since they earn a commission from trading;
- Multicurrency. You can exchange fiat for Bitcoin, buy any other coins available, and withdraw them to your wallet.
- Registration needed. Almost all exchanges require registration and request minimal personal data;
- Safety. New exchanges without valuable reputation are sometimes hacked. History knows cases when the administration of exchanges defrauded users and walked off into the sunset. For example, the case of BTC-E (WEX.NZ). This is extremely rare and, as a rule, does not apply to large reliable sites. It is best not to store cryptocurrency on exchanges for the long term and to check all the information about exchanges carefully.
A crypto exchanger (Localbitcoins
) allows exchanging fiat or other tokens for BTC according to a fixed rate. It is probably the easiest way to buy crypto
. The service adds a commission higher than that on the stock exchange.
- Simple interface. Even a beginner will understand it;
- The ability to buy Bitcoin for almost any existing currency in the world;
- Anonymity. Although it depends on the exchanger and payment method, many exchangers are not interested in your personal data.
- Slow speed. Sometimes the exchange may freeze for several hours;
- Exchange rate. As a rule, in exchangers, the rate is not the most profitable one. It differs from the mid-market not in your favor;
- Anonymity. Sometimes there were cases when exchangers leaked information about customers not to authorities, but other interested parties;
- Chance of fraud. Especially, if you use an unknown site.
3. ATMs for BTC
ATMs for Bitcoins only enter the market. It is enough to have the necessary amount of cash to be able to exchange it for the equivalent in BTC. Such a transaction is instant and does not require registration or other formalities. There are now over
8500 BTC ATMs around the world.
4. For cash with individuals
A hand-to-hand sale is the most private and most insecure way to buy cryptocurrency. It is lucky if you know reliable miners or crypto businessmen. Rent, salary, taxes – all this requires ordinary money, so they constantly have a need to sell mined or earned cryptocurrency. Pros – maximum anonymity of transactions. Cons – risks from dishonest partners.
5. Telegram bots
Telegram bot is an automatic script based on the search for offers and counteroffers. If someone wants to sell BTC, they send a request to the bot and it looks for a counter offer. As soon as someone sends a request for the purchase of Bitcoin, the bot will complete a transaction between these two users.
- Speed. Exchange occurs instantly. This is probably the fastest way to trade Bitcoin.
- Low security. A bot can stop working unexpectedly, money can be “lost", etc. It is very difficult to bring the service to justice if something goes wrong, and you rely entirely on the decency of the bot owners;
- Inconvenient BTC rate. No bidding. You are forced to work at the rate that the service states.
While talking about the ways to buy Bitcoin, it is important to mention that this article doesn’t provide any advice and directions regarding the investments in particular cryptocurrencies and pursues only informative purposes.
So, seeing posts like this one
around here is making me concerned. If I simply
have Brave Rewards enabled in my browser, and nothing more - I'm not registered as a creatopublisher, I'm not verified with Uphold, I haven't in any way cashed out my tokens - what in the heck do and don't I have to report on my 1040 to avoid getting stuck in a perjury trap
Every website and Reddit commentor seems to have a different answer on this. Some of the answers are more clearly in line with IRS guidance than others but in many cases there is no clear sense to be had of which is "more reasonable" than the others. Yet since I've had Brave Rewards enabled since mid-2019, it behooves me to "get this right" when I fill out my 2019 tax return, lest the IRS come down on me for being inconsistent with my answers should I have better answers to these questions in future years.
The IRS is clear on one thing: cryptocurrency, in general, is valuable property and treated much like gold or other non-dollar capital assets (whether or not they're intended or used primarily as "money"). If your employer pays you in bitcoin (or gold, or a car, or a cow, etc.), you owe taxes on that income the day you receive it, whether or not you "cashed it out" by selling it for dollars. The IRS expects you to compute a "cost basis" for the property you received by determining its current "fair market value" in dollars, and that's what you report on your tax return. If and when you sell that property for dollars at any later date, that's a separate
transaction, which may or may not incur a capital gain or loss (difference
in value you received from the sale vs. what it was worth when you originally got the property), and that
is reported in its own line on the 1040 (separate from ordinary income, depending on whether you held the property more or less than 1 year before selling it).
So far, so good - that's all straightforward enough and well-precedented since it's the same thing people are used to doing for other capital goods such as stocks/bonds, precious metals, or real estate. It's even straightforward for people who simply trade crypto as an investment, like Bitcoin or whatever. In that case it's no different (tax-wise) from trading gold, and if you do it through a broker like Coinbase, Uphold, etc. you'll probably get a nice statement at the end of the year that breaks it all down and you can import into TurboTax or whatever.
That's still well and good for those who (like many here) are trading BAT as an investment, like any other crypto.
But Brave Rewards's BAT microtransactions are a whole 'nother level of craziness. If we're just using BAT within the Brave ecosystem
- receiving it from ads and tipping/auto-contributing it back to publishers - does it ever enter the world of "capital assets" from my perspective as a user? If so, how the heck do I compute my cost basis? How on earth do I know how my BAT balance breaks down in terms of amounts received on particular days, which I absolutely
need to know if I'm going to look up BAT/USD exchange rates online to compute cost basis information? Brave currently doesn't provide any sort of "wallet statement" showing transactions in or out of the browser on a date-stamped basis. I know that's planned for "the future", but that doesn't exactly help me for doing my 2019 taxes.
I realize that Brave cannot give "tax advise" per se, ad nauseum. But surely Brave has done some
thinking about the tax implications of BAT/Brave Rewards for ordinary users
, versus just saying "have fun explaining this to the IRS" - right
? We know that Brave can and does make legal statements about what they
believe, as a company based on the advice of their corporate counsel, the legal status of BAT is (see e.g. this answer in the official FAQ
That, of course, doesn't guarantee that the government will see it that way (or that a judge will), but it's at least helpful to know "some professional lawyers spent a lot of time studying this and think the law says X", because that's a heck of a lot more than us randos on the Internet can guess at. At least if we have some consistent guidance, we can know what our story should be to the IRS and keep it straight, because otherwise we're at the mercy of whatever some auditor or administrative law judge might feel like. Maybe they won't go after most small-fry Brave users today
, but you can bet they'll demand answers going back years into the past if one of those users were to become rich, or politically active, or otherwise interesting to the IRS at some point in the future. Taxes, after all, are the one area of the law where citizens are for practical purposes considered guilty (or at least, "liable to pay whatever the IRS demands") until proven innocent. (Sad, but too true.)
My case is the simplest possible one for a Brave Rewards user: I'm a resident U.S. citizen who's never "cashed out" my BAT, I'm not a "publisher" or "creator", I haven't received tips, and I'm not verified with Uphold (couldn't if I wanted to, since they're not licensed in my state). I've only ever made four small tips totaling 40.0 BAT with the initial grant I got from the User Growth Pool when installing Brave (because it was going to expire); I've been hanging onto my non-UGP earnings in the hopes that some of my favorite websites/creators will eventually become verified and I can start spreading the wealth around in a more meaningful way than just dumping it on the 1 or 2 sites I visit that are yet verified.
My questions are thus:
1) Is the BAT I receive from Brave Rewards considered to be a capital asset if I'm not holding it as an investment but just leaving it in the browser to be used as intended there (as a way of funneling ad proceeds from advertisers to publishers)? Does it matter if it stays in the browser and never gets withdrawn to an Uphold account? (e.g. does it then just qualify as "internal functionality of the web browser" and not a meaningful valuable thing I can put a dollar amount on, like a McDonalds Monopoly token with a "cash value" of $0.0001?)
2) If my BAT is
considered a capital asset, how do I compute my cost basis for income (and future capital gains/losses) purposes? Is every single microtransaction an "income" transaction with its own separate cost basis that I have to track day-by-day? Or is income only realized when Brave deposits my earnings to my browser on the 5th of the month? Or does it only count if/when I connect an Uphold account and "cash out"?
3) Do I have to answer "Yes" to the new 1040 question asking "did you receive, sell, send, exchange, or otherwise acquire any financial interest in any virtual currency"? (I haven't touched any
cryptocurrency in my life besides what I've gotten from Brave Rewards.) Is BAT a "virtual currency" when used strictly within the context of Brave Rewards, or is it something more along the lines of spendable XP points in a video game which have no value (for me, at least) outside that system?
4) If I have to do detailed cost basis reporting, is there any way I can get my Brave browser to cough up some sort of datestamped transaction history for my Rewards? I realize there's no official UI yet, but is there an internal database or something I can dump? (I'm a professional software developer so I'm willing to "get my hands dirty". Heck, I'd be willing to fire up a debugger on a core dump of the browser if that'll help...better that than being liable for tax fraud...)
5) If all else fails, can I escape this blooming mess by just turning off Brave Rewards, forgetting my wallet key (which I've never backed up), bit bucketing the BAT I've so patiently earned over the last year, and never looking back? Is it too late to do so since I've already received the BAT in tax year 2019 (regardless of what I might do with it in 2020, including thus throwing it away)? I realize that in practice
I could probably do so and get away with it, but I want to be right with the law here. After all, even if I report nothing on my 2019 tax return regarding crypto, the IRS could always find my posts here on Reddit and say "see, we have proof that you used Brave Rewards in 2019"... Even if I'm a "small fry" at this point in my life that the IRS won't care to go after, I don't want to have a sword of Damocles hanging over my head for them to trigger if and when they feel like it later in life.
Help me my dudes, you're my only hope! ;-) (And I suspect many, many others are quietly freaking out about this too...)
In 2020, due to the dual impact of the coronary pneumonia epidemic and the plunge of US oil stocks, the economic situation in the Asia-Pacific region is very grim. Within a week, U.S. stocks melted twice, and crypto digital assets such as Bitcoin plummeted. This seems to indicate that the direction of global financial markets in 2020 will be extremely unstable. In this situation, traditional financial investment methods are not the most valuable means of financial management. AiOption Blockchain Binary Options Platform provides a new direction for financial investment, predicting the rise and fall of encrypted digital assets such as Bitcoin in a fixed period of time to obtain income.
Recently, AiOption, a professional blockchain binary options platform, announced that it has received tens of millions of dollars in financing. This round of financing was led by the Japanese consortium and the Thai royal family. This round of financing is an important milestone in the continuous increase of market competitiveness. At the same time, AiOption has become the largest platform in China to provide blockchain binary options transactions.
This round of financing will help the platform to further strengthen the innovation and research and development of original key core technologies, consolidate the company's leading edge in the binary options industry of the blockchain, and help the company continue to expand more application scenarios and accelerate the blockchain's empowerment of the financial industry. In order to further improve the product experience, we will also introduce local special versions based on user habits in different countries and regions. As soon as it entered the promotion in the Asia-Pacific region in 2020, there were more than 100,000 registered users in the first week, achieving very good results. The platform will also launch more promotion activities in combination with local characteristics. The top investment groups such as the Thai Royal Family and the Japanese Consortium gave AiOption a high rating. It is indeed a black technology star product known as Israeli fintech innovation.
AiOption (AiOption) is a professional crypto asset options trading platform with a solid foundation of blockchain technology. It has achieved significant R & D results in distributed network and blockchain security. It has worked closely with more than 8 countries to provide a very simple way to predict the price fluctuations of encrypted digital assets such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. The platform collects price data of multiple trading symbols from multiple selected trusted data sources (such as Binance, coinbase, bittrex, huobi, and some other well-known global exchanges) to merge together, and uses intelligent algorithms to identify and Filter abnormal price data and calculate the final price index for a single coin. Use more innovative and fair ways for players to predict the price of crypto digital assets such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Safe, efficient, and high-performance systems
AiOption has top risk control, anti-fraud and segregated witness technologies, comprehensively formulates a security policy system, multi-level risk identification control, and multiple security defense methods. The high-frequency transaction matching engine steadily supports large amounts of data, high performance, and high concurrency. It adopts a distributed architecture, and the market and deep data come online at a fast speed. The front-end adopts a firewall anti-attack mechanism and the back-end adopts a hidden and discrete deployment.
AiOption's binary options trading system is equipped with flexible and convenient trading modes and an extremely secure system to ensure the safety of user assets.
Fair and simple, simple and convenient transaction model
On a general options platform, the bet price is real-time Bitcoin price and can be easily manipulated by the platform. When the player wagers the Bitcoin price on the platform, the wager price is the initial Bitcoin price for each round of the game, and manipulation is not allowed! Ensure fair and fair transactions, convenient user transactions, and easy to master gameplay.
- The operation is simple. You only need to judge the rise and fall of encrypted digital assets after 90 seconds.
- The rate of return is fast, and the single-round profit can be settled in 90 seconds.
- Transaction time is unlimited, 90 seconds matching, non-stop trading 7 days and 24 hours.
- There is no handling fee, and no dealer control disk.
At the same time, the platform has a unique function of depositing money and managing money. By depositing a certain amount of USDT, excellent players and excellent teams can obtain fixed high returns, with a maximum return of four times!
For many years, AIoption has always adhered to the concept of blockchain technology to empower the financial industry, and has concentrated on polishing products and application scenarios. The top-level blockchain team has achieved certain results in the blockchain and financial fields.
Through this financing, we will continue to focus on the development of blockchain technology and continue to develop in the large field of blockchain binary options services. AiOption's vision is to promote the development of blockchain binary options services, provide customers with better services, and continue to maintain its leading position in the domestic blockchain binary options industry.
''' AiOption (AiOption) receives tens of millions of dollars in financing to help the blockchain empower the financial industry Go1dfish undelete link unreddit undelete link
1: pr*vi*w.redd.i*/0*i**tuut7p41.png*w***h=6*8&*mp;for*at*png&****=web*&*s*9387b*0a4b5b1*b8*165*517*9*5*bdb*a5e1a*b 2: preview.redd.it*vgy*zpd4u*p41*pn***i**h=769&format=pn*&am*;***o=w*bp&***;s=b69***7339239*967622***bccea*c5*07b*55**
Unknown links are censored to prevent spreading illicit content.